Who are we and what do we do?
Why work with Motiv?
- We have an extensive range of solutions in various application areas and are constantly evolving with the latest developments in the market.
- Because of our close relationship with Matthys Group, we can carry out total projects in which we take care of both the electrical and mechanical aspects.
- We think along with you and through open communication we always look for the best solution together.
- We are flexible and take into account your specific wishes and working methods.
- Our diverse team of qualified employees sets great store by quality.
- With our many years of experience and know-how, we are a reliable partner and are committed to long-term customer relationships.
- We carry out all our projects ourselves, from electrical design to installation and after-sales service. In this way we’re able to ensure that your project will run smoothly.
How it all started...
Motiv was established on July 1, 2018 from the merger of Evilo with Elektro Industrie Van de Velde and is part of Matthys Group.
Evilo was founded in 1927 by Emiel Villays, who lived in Otegem, hence the name E(miel) VIL(lays) O(tegem).
During the 1980s and 1990s, Evilo was the first machine builder to market the following automations for the textile world: bobbin winders with automatic doffing, Contractwinders for automatic spooling to length, fully automated gluing machines and fully automated carpet confection lines.
Van de Velde
Elektro Industrie Van de Velde was in turn founded in 1974 by Michel Van de Velde. Since the early days, Van de Velde has been working very closely with Matthys. In 1994, son Christophe joined the business to run it together with his father.
The company originally focused on general electrical work, both in the private and industrial sectors. Over the years, Van de Velde's focus has evolved strongly towards automation for the industry.
Merger Evilo & Van de Velde
The merger between Evilo and Elektro Industrie Van de Velde led to the creation of Motiv in 2018. The years of experience of both companies makes Motiv a strong partner for your industrial automation challenges. Motiv is also part of Matthys Group.